Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Mostly Good but Hit a Speedbump

I'm exactly three weeks from surgery, and so far my recovery has been going fairly well. I'm still having daily pain and soreness in pretty much my whole middle including my back, still cannot stand upright, I have limitations when it comes to arm movement, confined to very few sleeping positions and the worst - my weight limitations. Micah has been able to sit on my lap a bit though, so that's awesome! I took my first shower yesterday and washed my hair - by myself! Great progress! I'm taking much less pain medication than I was and getting up and down and around is much easier.

To this point, my plastic surgeon has been extremely pleased with how everything is looking and progressing. However, at my appointment with him today, we got some disappointing and frustrating news. Since my appointment with him last week, I've developed an infection in my right breast which is the one with the expander. I haven't been able to feel it because of my numbness, but he can see it and said if we wait much longer, I'd start feeling it. So I'm going back into surgery on Friday. It's not an emergency, or I'd be going in today, but it's serious enough that it needs to be done asap. Surgery will be outpatient and should hopefully only be 30-45 minutes. Unless this surgery is a bit more invasive than the surgeon anticipates this shouldn't be much of a setback, so we're hoping and praying for the easiest and best scenario possible.

Your prayers, cards, calls, e-mails and food has been much appreciated!! We love you all and ask for your continued prayers.

2 comments:

  1. Love you - sending prayers. What time is the surgery?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Bummer, Missy! Not what you asked for, but hopefully this will be minor and will all be taken care of soon! Will be praying all goes well and you can be on your way to recovery soon! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete