Monday, November 14, 2011

4 Days Shy of 4 Months

Levi is almost four months old already! He's just four days shy.....

When Micah was four days shy of four months old, he sat on my mom's lap and I sat to their right. The doctor was across the table.

When people ask me how old Micah was at my diagnosis, that's what I say. "He was four days shy of four months."

If you read my blog much, you probably know that dates of diagnosis, events and milestones are just something I remember. I don't try.. I just do. They stick with me, and I'm sentimental about them. And I love to look back on these dates and just marvel at this whirlwind of craziness my family has been through and see what God has done in our lives.

Micah was four days shy of four months old nearly 3.5 years ago. In that time, I have gone through breast cancer and all the treatments and surgeries that came with it, found a new church home, had to temporarily (for 16 months) go back to work, was diagnosed with infertility, and adopted a baby. And everything in between. And God saw us through it ALL. What a work He has done in me. He has grown and blessed me beyond my own comprehension and continues to work in my life daily.

If I ever doubt God's will for my life.. that He loves me.. that He will provide.. all I have to do is look back. Look back over 31 years, but specifically, since the day Micah was just four days shy of four months old to this day, one I didn't know if or how I'd ever see. The one in which my second son is four days shy of four months old.

Amazing.

2 comments:

  1. tears!! <3 life is such an incredible thing, you are an incredible woman!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! To God be the glory, great things He has done!

    ReplyDelete