Thursday, November 17, 2011

5th Annual Trip Half Way Across the Country and Back

The past four weeks have been L.O.N.G.

Luke has been working very late almost every night for the past four weeks. And caring for two kids on my own with little breaks is exhausting!! I'm beat. I've had a teeeeeeeeny glimpse into what it must be like to be a single parent or to have your spouse on a deployment. And man.. do I respect and appreciate anyone in these or similar positions.

On top of single-parenting it, this week I've been preparing for our annual November trip. This year we'll spend the weekend before Thanksgiving in Alabama with my dad's family. Then we'll head to Nashville to spend a night with my grandparents (mom's parents). We'll leave about 3am Tuesday morning and drive to Omaha to spend Thanksgiving with Luke's family as well as celebrate our nephew's birthday AND Christmas with them. We'll begin our journey back Saturday morning, stay in Nashville again that night and arrive back home Sunday afternoon.

I'm tired just typing that out! But I'm not complaining. We have FUN. Preparing for this trip is always lots of work and takes a long time, especially this year having two young kids. But it is worth every ounce of effort. This is truly one of my favorite weeks of the whole year... even the 40ish hours in the van. Being able to hang out with both of our families in such a short span of time is just wonderful, and we're thankful we've been able to do this (seeing BOTH sides) every year since moving to NC.

In case I'm not here before this time next week, I wish all of my American friends a very Happy Thanksgiving!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment