"Mommy, yellow means slow down."
"I know, Micah. Thank you for reminding me."
"Mommy, the light up there is red. You have to stop when the light is red. If you don't stop, that's the wrong choice. When we make the wrong choice, that makes God sad. And if you make the wrong choice, you don't get a cupcake. Do you understand me?"
--------------------
Same day. That morning we'd played a ton and had not been very good about picking up toys, books and games as we finished with them.
"Micah, when we get home I'm going to give Levi a bottle. You need to start picking up, and when I'm finished I'll help you. Ok?"
"But this mess is so big and so deep and so tall. We cannot pick it up. There is no way at all!!"
Thanks, Dr. Seuss (direct quote from The Cat and the Hat for those of you not familiar).
--------------------
"Mommy, I have a lot of 'inner-o.'"
"What, Micah?"
"I mean, I have a lot of 'inner-o.'"
I raised my eyebrow clearly confused.
Giggling and obviously being silly, "I mean..... I have lots of 'inner-p.'" Now he's laughing hysterically. "Mommy, I'm so silly. You know that I mean 'inner-g.''

Oh my goodness, what a little comic! ;-D
ReplyDeleteI love him! That is pretty insightful about making the right/wrong choice though. Clearly he is paying attention when you and Luke have talked to him about that!
ReplyDelete