Saturday, August 30, 2008

Great News

Yesterday morning I had a follow up CBC to make sure the transfusion helped all my counts to rise appropriately. Fortunately, it did! All of my counts are back in the normal range, so my 9 hours at the hospital were well spent I suppose.

I also had my ultrasound yesterday afternoon. Just over two months ago my tumor measured appox. 6 x 8 cm and yesterday afternoon it was appox 2 x 4 cm!! PRAISE GOD!! I'm just beyond thrilled... makes everything I've been through really worth it.

This morning Mom and I went to the Farmer's Market and Wal-Mart. It was great to get out, but I'm pretty tired now. My youngest sister Kimberly and three of her friends are on their way here. They should be here in about half an hour and are staying 'til tomorrow night or Monday. Should be exciting around here for a few days! :-)

6 comments:

  1. Double yay! So glad to hear that your counts are up and that the tumor is shrinking!! Praise God! I'm also glad to hear that you are getting out some and that your mom and sister are/will be around. Sounds like it'll be an interesting week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is SO awesome! So happy for the good news!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God is good! Prayer does amazing things! We'll just keep it up until we get the post that it is all gone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! That is such great news.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YEAH!!! I am glad to hear the good news. Those are definitely answered prayers. Have fun with Kimberly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank God for your blood levels and the tumor shrinkage!! The John family is still praying for you!! Tell Kimberly I say hello!

    ReplyDelete