This week has been ok. In some ways, it's been much better than some of the previous ones. I've not been as nauseous, and while things still don't taste quite right, I am tasting better and have more of an appetite. I'm just as tired and weak, if not worse, but I have more random bursts of energy. However, when I do push myself, I tend to pay for it. But, it's worth it to spend more time and have more fun with Micah. My horrible sore throat and cough that I've had since the week after my first chemo has just gotten worse and worse. Even though I'm exhausted, I don't sleep well due to the coughing, and on Wednesday I was coughing and gagging so much that I was throwing up, so Thursday I finally wised up and called my onc who prescribed this yucky tasting miracle drug. It has done wonders already!! I feel so much better, and I'm sleeping well again!
Also on Thursday I went for my CBC. My vitals were actually really good this week! But my red counts were extrememly low. The nurses were preparing me to have to go to the hospital for a blood transfusion and another shot of Aranesp (had one last week with my Neulasta). However, my onc decided just to let me go home, but with instructions to watch for rise in temp, shortness of breath, nose bleeds, etc. Should I have any of these things, I have to call immediately. I've been taking iron and trying to eat foods high in iron. The chemo will likely do whatever it's going to do, but I'm going to do all I can to keep my blood counts as high as possible.
Aside from the cancer business, it's been a good week. Mom is still here which is a HUGE blessing! She's helped so much. Like I mentioned above, I've been playing and doing more with Micah this week. We've been watching a lof of the Olympics and enjoying that. And Micah is sitting much better now. I'd say in a week or two, he'll be an expert! :-)
Luke isn't feeling well today. He's pretty congested and has a sore throat. :-( He went to a walk-in clinic and the doc gave him drugs in case it's viral. Mom is currently washing all of the bedding as Luke will be moving into Mom's room and Mom into ours until he is better. We also have to finish disinfecting the house. Fun times!!

Hi Becca, it's Snoocums5 from BN. I don't have sub there at this time. I just wanted you to know that I am thinking about you, and praying for you every day. I hope to hear that things keep improving for you. Micah is adorable! Keep your head up and keep on going.
ReplyDeletePoor you and poor Luke! I'm praying for you and know God is listening, with you more than I can even pray.
ReplyDeleteI have been thinking about you a lot. I am praying for a full recovery for you. If you even need anything, please let me know.
ReplyDeleteHaley