Friday, September 12, 2008

Mammograms and Hallmark

Even though I had an u/s 2 weeks ago, my onc wanted me to have another mammogram since they give much clearer picture and more accurate results than an u/s. It wasn't nearly as painful as the one in June! I was able to see the pictures afterward, and it's amazing how much smaller the tumor is compared to what it was! (I saw those films, too.) Just another reason to keep on keeping on!

After my mammogram, I ran over to the mall to hit The Children's Place sale to pick up my neice Eve's Christmas present and found myself in the Hallmark next door. I've decided after the hundreds of cards I've recieved since my diagnosis that I'm going to become much better at sending cards. I was in the Get Well Soon/Thinking of You section browsing their selection when an older lady said to me, "I just can't find the right card." We chatted a minute and I discovered she was trying to pick out a card for a sick girl she didn't know. I started to tear up and told her that it didn't matter if it was the 'perfect' card and that she would appreciate the thought more than she knew. She asked why I was crying and I told her I have cancer, pulled off my wig and after a bunch of questions, shared my story. She cried and hugged me and before I knew it, 3 older ladies, including an employee were all chatting with me, hugging me and promising prayers. It was a neat moment.

1 comment:

  1. You are so sweet to share your story with complete strangers. You could have easily just walked away but you chose not to...I have no doubt those ladies will remember to lift you up in prayer.
    Thanks for being wonderful you. :)

    ReplyDelete