Saturday, March 14, 2009

The rest of Micah's Birthday

The morning of Micah's birthday, our friends Valerie and Drew stopped by for a bit. I enjoyed visiting with Valerie while Micah and Drew played together.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
That night after dinner we gave him a chocolate cupcake. I'll let you judge for yourself how well that went.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
The next morning we headed to Kingston to see my parents. Originally we were going to have Micah's big family party that day (2/28) but my grandmother fell ill earlier that week. She was in very critical condition and the party was cancelled. We're thrilled that she is MUCH better and was able to go home just a few days later. We still wanted to go to my parents' to celebrate and go to the homecoming at church the next day. Some of the Adamses had sent presents to my mom's and we had the one from my Aunt Dana and Uncle David, so Micah still got a few gifts that day.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
G-Pop reading "Moo, Baa, La La La." Notice that he is reading this to himself.
Photobucket
Micah had a really great first birthday, and it isn't over yet! On 3/28 we'll be getting together with family in Nashville, including Christina and her kids! We'll do his cake there - the one I'd planned originally, and we'll be able to see all the family we missed seeing a few weeks ago!

2 comments:

  1. I love his birthday onesie! You have so much to celebrate, enjoy all the birthday fun!
    And who doesn't love to read a little Sandra Boynton, kid or no kid?!?! Too funny :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have "Moo,Ba,La La La"! I dont actually read it because I have it memorized! The girls LOVE that book!

    ReplyDelete