Today I saw my oncologist. For my THREE year checkup. This month marks my three year anniversary of being cancer free! Praise the Lord!
Even though I (supposedly) have no breast tissue remaining, there is always that chance there is a bit there. I don't think about cancer all the time like I used to, but on days like today, I do. Driving to the office, I just can't help but be just the teeniest bit nervous that my oncologist will feel something I haven't noticed.
She didn't. Everything looks and felt great! Six months 'til my next check-up.
Surgery is next Tuesday. Less than a week away. I can't wait. I don't look forward to the recovery, but I know this one shouldn't be anything in comparison to the previous ones.
A refresher: This surgery is to remove the expander that is on my right side that was put into place in January. It will be replaced with a permanent silicone implant. They will also remove my port, adjust the left side to match the right and do some scar revision. I will have five separate incisions.
My dad will be coming on Tuesday to help out for a few days with the boys. Next weekend, if I'm doing ok, then I'll be on my own. If not, my mom will probably come when my dad leaves.
This will be the first (and hopefully last!!) surgery with two children and with my dad here instead of my mom. Will be a different dynamic during recovery for sure. I'm looking forward to having my dad here, and I know Micah will love having a few days with his G-Pop.
Please continue to send your prayers and encouragement as you always do. Please keep the four of us, my dad and the doctors in your prayers next week.
And please, please, please... I beg you, regardless of your age - Check your breasts!!!

YAY! You've come so far, it's amazing :)
ReplyDeleteI know you can get through this next stage of surgery and recovery (((HUGS)))
What an amazing story the last 3 years have been!
Glad everything looks great! That's awesome! Praying your surgery goes well and you have a quick recovery.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on three years!! very exciting!!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you had all good news. Good Luck with your surgery and recovery.
ReplyDelete