During my time away when I wasn't sitting in the NICU, I was blessed to be able to spend my time with Elaine, her mom Norma, and their family. Micah and Little Bug grew to be sweet little friends and played (mostly) very well together.
Leaving two months ago was bittersweet. Levi was ready to join life outside of the NICU and being together at home as a family of four has been wonderful! But I have missed Elaine and her family tremendously. They became so much more than good friends but truly an extension of my family.
Today we were given a very special opportunity.
You may remember that Elaine's family has a cabin in the mountains. To get to their cabin, they have to drive through the city we live in!!
The family visits the cabin every Spring and Fall, and this Fall, Elaine flew with Sweet Pea and her parents, along with Little Bug, made the drive and picked Elaine up on the way.
Elaine and Sweet Pea's layover??
My house!!!
We enjoyed several hours together, and it was just wonderful. When Elaine's parents and Little Bug stopped to pick them up, Micah was ecstatic and he and Little Bug picked up right where they left off. They had a blast running around and playing. We all had dinner together here before they finished their trip to the cabin.
I'm so thankful that God provided an opportunity for Elaine and me to spend some time together as well as for me to be able to see her parents again who've loved on us, prayed for us and did so much for us while we were away from home. He has placed this special family in our lives, and I'm forever thankful!
I'm also so grateful and excited that next weekend, Elaine and Sweet Pea will be coming back to our house for a couple of days before they head home. I have no idea what we'll spend our time doing, but I know it doesn't even matter because I'll have fun doing anything or nothing with Elaine and will just enjoy the time being able to be face to face in the same room!
Big Buddies
The Two Youngest (Little Sister/Brother onesies NOT planned!!)
Levi was ready for his bottle!
Four Miracle Babies
Love these kiddos! (Levi rooting on Micah.. lol)






What a wonderful reunion!!! Thanks for the post!
ReplyDeleteWhat precious pictures! So glad you were able to have a reunion!
ReplyDeleteGlad you survived your surgery as well and hope you continue to heal!