Four days later I'm happy to report that I'm doing very well!
Tuesday afternoon through Thursday were rough. I had a lot of pain, discomfort and itching. I only had a bit of nausea which I am grateful for since I usually have quite a lot due to the anesthesia. I've been taking my pain meds every four hours, and I know they have helped tremendously. While I still have daily pain/discomfort, this time is a cake walk compared to the previous ones!!
Yesterday (Friday), I was dying to leave the house. It's been so beautiful out, and I've been couped up inside mostly lying around. So my dad loaded up the kids and we ran a few errands, and I even walked around our city's brand new Target for a few minutes. Love the new store!
I'm able to hold Levi, but he's right at my weight limit, and since I can't snuggle him up to my chest, even just holding him can be a bit difficult, especially when he's squirmy. I can't hold Micah at all, though I've been able to cuddle with him some while I read.
My dad was a HUGE help these last few days. He and Luke have done almost all of Levi's feedings and Dad has done pretty much everything from feed to clean to entertain the boys. I know Micah loved his time with his G-Pop!
Dad left us this morning. Next week will probably be a bit challenging, mostly because of my weight restrictions. I'm thankful Micah is old enough to comprehend enough of what's going on to know that I can't do everything I normally can but will be able to soon. He's generally ok with this but it certainly tests his patience. ;-)
We appreciate all of your thoughts and prayers!! Please keep them coming as I continue to recover and begin parenting on my own during the days starting Monday. My post-op appointment is Wednesday.

I am so glad to read this news. As I tell anyone who has undergone surgery of any kind, as you know, recovery isn't linear. So, you may make progress and then have a set back as your body works overtime trying to heal itself.
ReplyDeleteGood luck and congrats on being on the other side.
Glad you're doing well! Praying you continue to recover quickly!
ReplyDelete