Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances,
for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
These verses truly were in the forefront of my mind this year, and I hope they always will be along with other scripture. I feel I was more joyful, prayerful and thankful, even in my darkest moments like my surprise pregnancy and miscarriage. I feel I was more thankful during the good times rather than just enjoying them without thanking God for them. I plan to continue to try to live these verses out in my daily life.
I won't make resolutions again this year. I'll have goals and already do. And purposefully, I started some of them on Sunday Dec 30 before 2013 began just so they wouldn't be 'New Year's Resolutions.' I know. You can laugh. But it works for me. Like I said last year, I always fail at those resolutions made on Jan 1, so I don't do them. I set goals/resolutions anytime I want for whatever time period or no time period I chose.
I will have another theme this year. This year it's the song Live Like That by the Sidewalk Prophets. If you haven't heard this song, I encourage you to listen to it. Or you can just take a look at the lyrics below. As a Christian, this song really speaks to me. I hope that I will live a life that reflects Jesus this year and always.
Live Like That - Sidwalk Prophets
Sometimes I think
What will people say of me
When I'm only just a memory
When I'm home where my soul belongs
Was I love
When no one else would show up
Was I Jesus to the least of those
Was my worship more than just a song
I want to live like that
And give it all I have
So that everything I say and do
Points to You
If love is who I am
Then this is where I'll stand
Recklessly abandoned
Never holding back
I want to live like that
I want to live like that
Am I proof
That You are who you say You are
That grace can really change a heart
Do I live like Your love is true
People pass
And even if they don't know my name
Is there evidence that I've been changed
When they see me, do they see You
I want to live like that
And give it all I have
So that everything I say and do
Points to You
If love is who I am
Then this is where I'll stand
Recklessly abandoned
Never holding back
I want to live like that
I want to live like that
I want to show the world the love You gave for me
I'm longing for the world to know the glory of the King
I want to live like that
And give it all I have
So that everything I say and do
Points to You
If love is who I am
Then this is where I'll stand
Recklessly abandoned
Never holding back
I want to live like that
I want to live like that
What will people say of me
When I'm only just a memory
When I'm home where my soul belongs
Was I love
When no one else would show up
Was I Jesus to the least of those
Was my worship more than just a song
I want to live like that
And give it all I have
So that everything I say and do
Points to You
If love is who I am
Then this is where I'll stand
Recklessly abandoned
Never holding back
I want to live like that
I want to live like that
Am I proof
That You are who you say You are
That grace can really change a heart
Do I live like Your love is true
People pass
And even if they don't know my name
Is there evidence that I've been changed
When they see me, do they see You
I want to live like that
And give it all I have
So that everything I say and do
Points to You
If love is who I am
Then this is where I'll stand
Recklessly abandoned
Never holding back
I want to live like that
I want to live like that
I want to show the world the love You gave for me
I'm longing for the world to know the glory of the King
I want to live like that
And give it all I have
So that everything I say and do
Points to You
If love is who I am
Then this is where I'll stand
Recklessly abandoned
Never holding back
I want to live like that
I want to live like that

No comments:
Post a Comment