Monday, January 28, 2013

One Month Ago

A month ago we were on our way home from Virginia after spending Christmas there with my family. We stopped at Cracker Barrel for lunch. I had a Coke to drink. That was the last coke of any kind (yes, it's ALL coke to me :-)) I drank.

If you know me well, you know I love my Pepsi. It's my vice. I used to need it. Nearly daily. Then most days. Then I just decided to quit. And I did. And my head pounded and I wanted it so badly for about four days. Since then, I've been totally fine and not craved it at all.

Will I have it again? Probably. I'm not swearing it off for life, but I've got to get healthier. Not skinnier, though that would be nice and will likely come with eating better and exercising on a regular basis. I've had cancer already. Cancer feeds on sugar. Diabetes runs on both sides of my family. Being unhealthy is no longer an option. Pepsi/coke and junk on a regular basis has got to go. Can no longer be a part of my day to day life. A treat? Sure. Occasionally.

I've got one God given body, and I've got to do the best I can to take care of it rather than consciously slowly committing suicide because of the stuff I chose to eat & drink. One step at a time.

Here's to one month Pepsi free! And hopefully many more to come!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats, it's a hard habit to quit. I did the same with Diet Coke in 2010 and lost 6#. I can now have one once in a while, even buy a 6 pack if I'm feeling it, and walk away again.

    ReplyDelete