Monday, July 22, 2013

The Blessing and the Challenge

I want to begin with this. I do not want this blog to become a place where I only post about fundraising. But the truth of the matter is that lately, that has been our main focus. Aside from paperwork which we're still doing, there hasn't been much on the adoption front to report. I will, however, try to make some posts soon that have nothing to do with adoption.

The blessing and challenge? The country where our girls are, where we are going is, all things considered in the adoption world, a fast moving country. Meaning from start to travel is typically about 5-7 months. Many countries are at least a year from start until travel. We're thrilled that we can potentially travel so soon and hope to travel by the end of 2013.

However, the downfall to this is that we are in a time crunch to raise funds. Hence fundraiser on top on fundraiser on top of fundraiser.

As you can see in our Cost tab above, this venture is expensive. And we still have lot to raise. We have raised about $2500 to date and are grateful and THANKFUL for every single cent. Not a penny goes unnoticed or unappreciated. So, thank you! And those of you who can't donate right now, we appreciate your encouragement, support and prayers.

If you can't give anything, or maybe you already have (and that will be MANY of you reading), could you pray? We KNOW God will work this out just as he did with Levi's adoption (and his was MORE expensive than this one, believe it or not!!), but maybe he'll use you as part of working out our funding whether it's financially or through your encouragement and prayers.

I have been and will keep the Fundraising tab above updated. And I keep our FB page updated with fundraisers.

Thank you for walking this road with us and for all of your support, prayers and encouraging words. They mean everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment