Time for a general update on us and adoption stuff.
Our family is doing well. We're fairly busy just like most people, but I purposely don't overbook us (most of the time)! Luke's job is very busy as his office is in the process of a physical move. Since Luke is in IT, his hand is in all aspects of this move, so he's quite busy and been working late hours. He volunteers on our church's visual team and does this for two consecutive Sundays about every 6-8 weeks. As busy and tired as he is, he's always got plenty of time for me and his boys! He's all theirs from the moment he gets home 'til they go to bed, and it is definitely a magical time when Daddy comes home.
The boys are both great. Micah has been taking karate lessons since February and loves it. He's learned a lot and come a long way since beginning. He is currently obsessed with the planets and the states. He's memorized all the states and their capitals. He sings several songs (found on youtube) that helped him learn. He plays with a US Map jigsaw puzzle all.the.time. He wants to share his knowledge with and teach everyone he comes in contact with all the states and their capitals. I love that he loves to learn and that he can be so focused!! He's always asking, "What can I learn now?" or "Can we learn something new?" Maybe we'll do US Presidents or the Periodic Table soon.
Levi will be two in just eight days! He's a little guy and typically laid back and content. In the last few weeks, as he's approaching two, he's been testing limits a bit more and has learned to throw fits when he doesn't get his way. He's very curious and touches everything within reach. He loves playing with musical instruments and balls. His piggy bank is one of his favorite toys. But his absolutely favorite things to do are climb and go down slides! He's slowly adding more words to his vocabulary but babbles all the time. A definite daddy's boy. He and Micah are each other's best friend and worst enemy. Typical siblings.
I'm good as well. When I'm not being mom (which is most of the time), I have my hand in adoption paperwork, I'm reading, participating in support groups, hanging out with Luke and trying to keep this house clean and organized.. with lots of help from Luke. I have begun something else exciting that I look forward to announcing soon, and I hope I can use this new opportunity to help other adoptive families!
This past weekend my college friend Kimberlee came to visit. I hadn't seen her in nearly five years. It was great to see her, her husband and five month old baby girl. She's planning to come back for about a week this fall to help with the girls' room and to hang out.
This weekend we'll be traveling to Nashville for my cousin's wedding. He's marrying a long time family friend of ours. Looking forward to seeing lots of family this weekend.
In August my friend Jessica and adorable godson Nicholas will be visiting for about five days. I can't wait to have them here. Seems like it's been a while even though I was *just* there in March.
The adoption process is moving along. We're obviously in the middle of fundraising and that probably won't slow down until we leave unless we become fully funded before then. One great thing about the country where our girls are is that it is a fast process, usually 5-7 months from start to finish. However, that doesn't leave a lot of time for fundraising, which is why we're having one on top of another on top of another and so on. Paperwork is moving along. Our home study paperwork is nearly done, and we have one more visit with our SW. We expect to be home study approved by mid to late August. We're simultaneously working on our dossier and hope to have it done very shortly after the home study is completed. I'd like to think we'll be submitted to country in Sept, but it could be Oct. Once we're submitted to country, we're done with everything we can do, except fundraising, until we get our travel date. I'm looking forward to a few months of 'relaxing' and getting the girls' bedroom ready before we'll travel.

No comments:
Post a Comment