I'm happily riding The Hunger Games bandwagon. Addicted and obsessed. I finished all three books in the series in seven days, but didn't read one day at all.. so three books in six days. And I nearly cried when they were over. I felt lost when I went to bed after reading those last words in
Mockingjay and didn't know what to do with myself the next night when the kids went to bed. TV or reading anything else just wasn't appealing. Yes, I know. I already confessed my obsession.
I never understood the
crazy people who obsessed over Harry Potter and/or Twilight, and while I've never picked up any of those books, now I get it. I understand being silly stupid over a series and waiting with bated breath for the movie.
I'll be one among many heading to the theater during the eleven o'clock hour Thursday night to watch the 12:01am showing Friday morning. I made sure I'd be there by purchasing my ticket on back in February the day after they went on sale. Luke laughed at the huge smile plastered on my face as I printed my ticket.
I may or may not dress for the occasion. Probably not. But not sure.
Happy Hunger Games to all who "will be watching" with me this weekend!
Like you, my husband and I read the books back-to-back-to-back last summer and I was riveted (this, after having been given the 1st book four months prior and allowing it to collect dust as I could imagine possibly reading about children being sacrificed).
ReplyDeleteWe have tickets to a late showing on Saturday night for my husband's birthday. Can't wait!
http://itiswhatitisorisit.net/
I'm jealous! I won't be able to see the movie when it comes out so enjoy it for me! I'm still trying to get the 3rd book finished.
ReplyDelete