If you're human, and I'm guessing you are, you can relate to at least one of the following:
You're single - When are you going to start dating? Why aren't you dating? Why hasn't someone like you found someone yet?
You're dating - When are you going to get married?
You get married and may have barely stepped off the plane from your honeymoon OR you've actually been trying to have a child for two years but didn't want the world to know about your struggles with infertility OR you may have chosen not to have children - When are you going to have a baby?
You have a child(ren) - Are are you going to have/adopt another baby? When?
And of course this list is far from exhaustive and there are many more similar questions and even opinions from others regarding your family, most specifically the size that someone else thinks is appropriate or 'good' for your family. But that's a different post for different day and one I'll likely never write because fortunately I haven't had too many people with opinions about my family size though many of my friends have had this issue.
I'm in the last stage of my own above list.
Before I go further, let me say that I'm NOT writing this because I'm annoyed or angry or want to tell anyone who asks to take a hike. I'm writing this because I want to. Because I have people in my life who are genuinely curious (and without the need to throw in their own two cents) about whether or not Luke and I feel that our family is complete. I don't mind being asked, and I don't mind answering. So for those of you who have wondered but haven't asked, this is for you.
My answer: I don't know. I have absolutely no idea!
On any given day we can go back and forth several times. Sometimes I want another. Sometimes I don't. Same for Luke.
Just as when we first learned of our infertility, we're not pushing ourselves to make a decision. Not about when or how. We have agreed not to have a serious discussion about it until Levi is at least two years old. (Of course God could interfere with our plan as He has so many times!)
Right now we're enjoying the family we have and trusting that God will reveal His plan for our family in His time.
So, will we 'have' another? I have absolutely no idea. But God does. :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment