Thursday, March 8, 2012

March 8th

I don't remember much about this day one year ago other than that by the time Luke got home from work, my head was pounding, and so I went to lie down. It wasn't fifteen minutes before I heard the phone ring, and all I remember thinking was, "Ugh. If that is for me, I don't care who it is. I am not talking. I need peace and quiet. My head is exploding!"

Luke apparently assumed I wouldn't want to talk because he didn't bring me the phone. Instead, he came up with a message. "Rebecca, that was Jennifer, and she was calling about two babies. If we're interested, we need to call her attorney." I immediately called Jennifer to get the scoop. Her attorney had called her to see if she knew of anyone who would be interested in either of these babies, a girl due in May and a baby due in June whose gender was not yet known. She immediately thought of us! I called the attorney, gathered the information I needed, and by the end of the night, Luke and I decided to pursue the baby due in June and within days I'd have everything I needed ready to send to the attorney to get that proverbial ball rolling.

But then Jennifer would drop a bomb. She'd shared the information about these two babies with another friend of hers, one local and in the same city where these babies would be born. For about two seconds my heart would sink, and then God would speak to me. "I'm in control. If this baby is meant to be yours, s/he will be. If not, I have another baby that is meant for your family. Trust me." And I had immediate peace.

That other friend of Jennifer's would also decide to pursue the baby due in June.

Her name was Elaine.

And it would be Dave and Elaine who would bring home the baby due in June, a little girl actually born in August!

And it would be through Elaine that we would be introduced to her attorney who led us to the baby God had planned for our family.

Photobucket

One year ago a call to me and a text to Elaine would set in motion new friendships. A new daughter for one family. A new son for another. March 8th is a very significant and sentimental date that will forever be etched in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment