Monday, October 7, 2013

Mimi's Bracelets

Mimi is a 13-year old little girl with autism. She loves Youtube, The Wiggles, going to the pool, pizza, and Disney princesses. Her newest passion is weaving bracelets! Although she is mostly non-verbal, she communicates by giggles and smiles.

From her mom Angela's Etsy page:
About a year ago, I started a shop called "A-Wearness Jewels". I did so out of the love for my daughter Romi Michelle (Mimi) who has autism. My hope was that I would help raise awareness not only for autism but also for all types of disabilities and conditions. Little did I know that little Miss Mimi was watching me all this time. She surprised me one day by handing me some string and scissors and said "Mama, bracelet". She wanted to make a bracelet. I was floored! It took some patience and lots of practice, but over time, Mimi became a bracelet weaving machine. She loves it! And I don't think a day goes by that she doesn't ask to do some weaving. As her mom, I was encouraged by the fact that she found something that she loved. So what to do with dozens of woven bracelets? Sell them and promote awareness that people with autism and other disabilities contribute to society in meaningful and beautiful ways. 100% of net proceeds are set aside to help fund her bright future. THANK YOU FOR SHOPPING WITH US! 
Her FB page, A-Wearness Jewelry, has lots of beautiful jewelry. The Etsy site has lots of awareness bracelets, religious bracelets, kids' bracelets and more! 

Mimi made these three bracelets for our auction. (And if you know me personally, you've probably seen me sporting a red one - HIV/AIDS awareness - I bought from her. Love it!!) Consider bidding on one of these. Or better yet, check out Angela's Etsy and FB sites (linked above) and get some awesome jewelry for yourself while helping an amazing mom care for her beautiful, precious girl!




**Angela has given permission for me to share information about her daughter Mimi here.**

No comments:

Post a Comment