Saturday, November 23, 2013

Leaving on a Jet Plane

The weekend before Thanksgiving every year my dad's side of the family rents a house or cabin for 3 nights. There are usually about 25 of us in one house for 3 days, and we have a BLAST! It's one of my favorite weekends of the year.

Yesterday we left for this year's awesome annual trip, a cabin in the Blue Ridge Mountains, which is amazing by the way.

About 30 minutes into our trip, my phone rang. It was Nancy, our amazing state-side facilitator. I was NOT expecting a call from her for at least 2 weeks, so I was actually a little nervous to see her name on my phone.

I'd quote the conversation for you, but I honestly don't remember most of it. What I do remember is her saying, "Hon, I have your date."

WHAT?!?!?! A date?! Already?!?! Only 4 weeks and 2 days after submission when we expected to wait 6-8 weeks for a date.

January 20. We will be in the capital city on January 20 for our official referral, and we'll be in region on January 22. We'll meet our girl(s) in 2 months.

2 months.

A date.

We're OVER THE MOON!!!!

Working on booking flights and expect to travel January 17th.

We're really on our way!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you guys! You're leaving on my birthday (1/17) by the way :) It's a new sort of a birth for you too! Congratulations on your growing family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy, happy, happy for you, it's getting close!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOOOO happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete