This past year was just one crazy ride!
Last January 1st Micah left Northern Virginia with my parents. They would keep him 'til the 17th as I was about to undergo major surgeries. Luke and I spent the day together in Washington, D.C. and the evening with my sister and her family before heading home on the 2nd.
Jan 5th was surgery day. I was in surgery for about six hours and spent four days in the hospital. Recovery was far more painful and difficult that I could've ever imagined. Then I developed an infection and was back in surgery on Jan 28th. After lots of pain pills, time, stretching, physical therapy and a lot of prayer, I was nearly back to normal by the end of April. I ended up having to wait 'til October to complete reconstruction, and I had my final surgery on Oct 11. By the end of the month, once again, I was back to normal.
While going through surgery and recovery we were home study approved and began actively waiting for our baby. We prayed 2011 would be the year we brought home our second child.
March-May was busy for us in the adoption world. We learned of several babies, and we pursued two of them - both girls. We weren't chosen to parent either of those sweet girls, but through one of them, I was introduced to Elaine who quickly became a sweet, dear friend.
In mid-July Levi was born and we learned of him the next day. The events surrounding his birth and beginning of his life threw us all into a whirlwind we could've never prepared for. Micah and I spent four weeks away from home staying with Elaine's parents. Luke was with me by Levi's side for four days before coming back home. I was at the NICU every single day for four weeks and one day. It was draining. Stressful. Exhausting. Wonderful.
Levi was dischared on Aug 16, when he was four weeks and one day old. We came home on Aug 18, his one month birthday and began our life as a family of four.
This year has been busy.. full of ups and downs, highs and lows. Lots of tears. Tears of pain. Tears of stress and exhaustion and sorrow. Mostly tears of joy and thankfulness.
This year has been amazing. I finally finished a three year battle of cancer treatments and surgery. Though the miracle of adoption, I have met some amazing people. I now have two incredible sons. I serve an almighty God who loves me and my family and who has carried us through this year just as He has every other year.. through the good and the bad. Providing for our every need in amazing and unexpected ways. Giving me peace and strength when I have nothing left to give.
Goodbye, 2011.
Hello, 2012.
I look forward to whatever is in store.

You are an inspiration to so many and an amazing mom! May 2012 bring you health, joy and many blessings!!
ReplyDelete