Last week Micah was watching Cars 2. In one of the racing scenes in Italy there is a big crash. Micah exclaimed (as if he'd seen this for the first time when he's probably seen it 100), "Look! They had a big wreck!"
Ummmmm... a what? Micah had never said 'wreck.' He's always said 'wreckt.'
I asked him to say it several times, and he kept saying 'wreck.'
I asked him to say 'wreckt,' and he said, 'No, Mommy. You're silly. It's 'wreck.'
I nearly cried.
The day he says 'breakfast' instead of 'breaftast,' 'dessert' instead of 'bessert' or 'disaster instead of 'bisaster,' I know I'll cry.

My nephews said "bisaster"- love it!
ReplyDeleteAww, when my nephew stops saying "Are you joking on me?" I definitely be sad!
ReplyDeleteMy husband is 41 and still says breftiss and tenchapur [temperature]. ;-)
It is SO sad when they let go to grow up. My son LOVED trash trucks from the time he first saw one. We still own maybe two dozen of them in all sizes and with different capabilities. We went to a local amusement part on MLK day and we walked through a toy store. As we left, my husband said, "He didn't even notice the trash trucks." My heart broke a little.
ReplyDeleteHe still says 'breakfixt' and I cling to that!
http://itiswhatitisorisit.net/