SLAM!!
I jolted straight up out of my sleep around 2am Saturday morning at the sound of a slamming door. There was no mistaking that sound.
I immediately shook Luke awake and told him what I heard. He jumped out of bed (he's been having a lot of back pain and it's been hard for him to move, especially quickly), flipped on the hall lights and started downstairs. After checking all the rooms and doors, he came upstairs telling me all was fine downstairs before heading to Levi's room at the opposite end of the house from our room. His room was fine. Guest room was fine.
Before Luke went into Micah's room he commented to me that his door wasn't closed all the way. We always close our boys' doors, and I always check on the boys before I go to bed.
As he went into Micah's room, he didn't say a word. Then I heard Luke open Micah's closet door. I knew in that moment without a word from Luke that Micah was not in his bed! I flew out of our bed and room and ran into the only room I knew Luke hadn't checked. The boys' bathroom. All clear.
We immediately started calmly calling for him. After a few times we heard a tiny little voice saying, "Yes, Mommy?"
We followed the voice to the laundry room!
I resumed breathing, and after lots of hugging and him reassuring us he was fine, we asked why he was in the laundry room.
"I couldn't sleep, Mommy."
"But why did you come to the laundry room?"
Shrug. "It seemed like a good place to go."
Never dull. Never.

Heart palpitations just reading it.
ReplyDeleteGlad all was well, and, yes, why the laundry room seems like just as good a room as any ;)
http://itiswhatitisorisit.net/
How scary! You may have to set a booby trap to know if and when he leaves his room at night.
ReplyDelete