It's amazing the things I've learned from my friends' FB statuses: what people are eating, where they are going, what their kids do & say; I get weather reports from all across the country and world, American Idol, Dancing with the Stars & Survivor results, and sporting event scores & winners among other things. I do enjoy this. Not complaining at all; just stating a fact. I learn a LOT on FB. Just this week on FB I learned that on Monday Jon & Kate are getting divorced, on Tuesday that Ed McMahon died, and yesterday that Farrah Fawcett and shockingly, Michael Jackson also died. Yes... not from turning on the news or reading it on msn.com, foxnews.com or elsewhere - but from facebook.com.
What a week in the celebrity world. Just so much heartbreaking news all around. I've never seen an episode of Jon & Kate until Monday night. Admittedly, I did tune in for the 'big announcement' that wasn't surprising to anyone who's seen a magazine rack in the last 6 months or longer. It was sad. Divorce is sad.
Death is sad. We lost 3 'legends' this week. But really, what does that even mean? Last night as I was flipping through the channels and seeing Michael Jackson's face plastered everywhere, I just kept thinking.. "I wonder if he knew Jesus." Sure, he had a lot of hits. I didn't care anything about the guy himself though I have many friends who do/did (and I can understand why they loved him... at least back in the day). But I did like many of his songs. He was odd. He looked odd. There were lots of crazy accusations against him. Were they true? I hope not, but who really knows besdies him, the accusers and God? Same for Ed and Farrah. I don't know enough about any of the three of them to know anything about faith, beliefs, their hearts, morals and ethics, but I know that it doesn't really matter how famous they were and for what reasons unless they were Christians. I hope they were. I truly do. And I know from reading about Jon & Kate that they used to go to church and wear clothing containing scripture (again, this is what I've read; I don't really know). What happened? In the midst of becoming stars and making lots of money, did they lose their focus? Their faith? Again, who knows? I hope not. And if they have, I hope they come back to Christ. I hope all of hollywood... no, I hope the whole world does.

Amen. These days when I hear of celebrity deaths, I always wonder if they were Christians. People get so caught up in the drama of Celebrities that they forget that they too are regular people and they have the same God.
ReplyDelete