- From March 27 - April 5, Micah and I took a road trip all the way through TN to Searcy, AR, the home of Harding University, were I went to college, and where one of my best friends still lives. On March 28th, we had a huge birthday bash in Nashville for Micah, my nieces Eve & Jolee, my sister Kimberly, my cousin James Robert and my dad. Fun times! Micah and I then continued to AR where we spent 4 days with my dear friend Amanda, her husband Ricky, and their precious little girl Aiva. I hadn't seen Amanda since my wedding, and the visit was long overdue! We had a ton of fun and will NOT wait 4 years before we see each other again! I have a TON of pics from our 10 day adventure, but here are just a few.
Micah's Baby Einstein Cake
His smash cake
The whole gang
Yummmm
Micah and Aiva on the Harding front lawn
Micah and me in a Harding swing
Amanda and I with our babies in front of our sophomore dorm room
One of my favorite pics of Micah from the trip
Micah with his cousins Eve & Jolee at my parents' house after their Easter egg hunt
- On April 12, we celebrated Easter with Micah. We had a beach trip planned for May, so the Easter Bunny appropriately brought some beach things as well as books, bubbles and chocolate.
- April 16 was our 4 year wedding anniversary. Unfortunately, Micah woke up sick, and later that day I discovered his temperature was 104.3!! I got him into the doctor's office at 6:00 that night. Luke met us there and after spending an hour or so there, I went to CVS to pick up medicine and then to Taco Bell and Captain Ds for our anniversary dinner. It was the perfect meal as we both got what we wanted. Micah was quite pitiful and stayed sick for a while. The doc was sure he had strep, and even though the culture came back negative, he was treated with antibiotics. Fortunately, about 5 days later, he was back to normal. :-)
Luke sleeping with our pitiful little guy.
Me reading to Micah. He wouldn't leave our laps for about 3 days.
-On April 20, my Grandmama entered the hospital. She'd been very sick for nearly 2 months. On Wednesday april 22 the decision was made to discontinue all life support, so that afternoon the three of us quickly headed to Nashville, TN in order to say our goodbyes. She was moved to a hospice facility on the 24th (I believe) and went to be with our Jesus in the wee hours Monday morning April 27. She was my first grandparent to pass, and I feel very fortunate to have had 28.5 years with all four grandparents. Saying goodbye was so hard, and we miss her so very much! Life here will not be the same without her, but I'm so thankful that I have the promise of seeing her again!
July 4, 2008 - Grandmama meeting and feeding Micah
Grandmama and Granddaddy with their three children - my dad, Micah, Carol and David
Nov 2008 during our family's weekend in Gatlinburg
Me with my son, sister and cousins after Grandmama's funeral
Me with Micah and my sister Kimberly after the funeral
We spent a lot of time outdoors this spring and continue to as long as it's not too hot. Here's some random pics of Micah enjoying his spring.
Micah playing in the rain
At the park on his swings. He LOVES the swings!
Happy boy!
-On May 14, my sister Christina gave birth to her third child and first son, Seth Edward! We can't wait to meet him in July!
- On Mother's Day my two favorite boys gave me an mp3 player! And Micah had a ton of fun with his water table.
My mp3 player!
Water fun
-And here are just a few random pics taken between during the last month.
Just being cute
Typical Micah - usually carrying around a ball.
Cookies!
First time crawling through a tunnel. He'd be terrified 'til that day. Silly kid.
Being chased by Daddy
Ready for a wagon ride
Trying out his new slide
- And finally a few of his one year pics that we had done. He was actually 15 months old when we had these done!










































No comments:
Post a Comment