Wednesday, February 6, 2013

I'm Hungry

It took nearly three days, until about 7:00pm tonight, when I felt it. I'm hungry.

Having said that, this juice fast, though only three days in at this point, has been much easier than I'd imagined. The first day was easy. The juices were (and are) good and I wasn't hungry or tired.

Tuesday I was a little tired. I'd been up a lot (maybe TMI coming) running back and forth to the bathroom. A lot. I couldn't settle until about 2am and at that point I felt hungry. But I wasn't going to dare drink another juice so that I could start running back to the bathroom and never get to sleep!

So Tuesday. I was a little tired but nothing I couldn't fight through. Yesterday was good. Juiced all day. Never felt hungry. Not even at bedtime. Ate on a few raw fruits and veggies - kiwi, grapes, cherry tomatoes and carrots - along with all the juice. Found a favorite. Carrot, apple, lemon and ginger. YUM!! It's like a dessert!

Today was pretty easy. Luke was home all day, so it was nice to be here with him juicing throughout the day. We both worked out this morning, and after Levi woke up from his nap, we went on a family walk for about an hour in the gorgeous 63 degree weather. When we got back, we weren't hungry, but we were TIRED. More than just workout tired. Both of us felt like we could've gone to bed and sleep all night. It was 5:00 and we both slept great last night! Must be the juicing. And if I'm honest, I was pretty moody this morning! Not sure if that's the juicing or just the side of the bed I woke up on, but I was grouchy. However, after my morning workout, that went away and I was in a great mood the rest of the day.

Luke and I pushed through our 5:00 exhaustion this evening because, well, can't exactly take a nap with an 18 month old and nearly 5 year old awake. About 7:00 we both felt it. We were hungry. So hungry. And just all of a sudden. For both of us. Weird. So we had a juice, and our hunger turned into sharp pains. Gas maybe? For both of us it feels as if something on the inside is pushing out on our stomachs.

The hunger and whatever this other pain it has started to ease. It's nearly 9, so I won't drink another juice today but I might have some spinach or a pear or something. Though I think I want to leave it be and hope my stomach settles.

We'd read as well as watched on the documentaries mentioned in my last post that days 2 and 3 were hardest. Last night we were thinking we had it made since we started this from a very healthy diet rather than straight from one of garbage and fast food. Guess we were wrong though we don't seem to be doing nearly as badly as I thought we would! I'm thankful for that.

I did weigh this morning. I meant to weigh yesterday but I forgot. I generally don't like to weigh daily (or at all!), but I do want to weigh daily throughout these 10 days to watch the progress. Though mostly water weight I'm sure, I was pretty shocked and pleased to be down 2.8 lbs this morning - after only 2 days.

I'm a little hungry. It will get better. Seven days to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment