Results are in! Sorry I didn't post last night. With it being Valentine's Day and just an overall busy night, I didn't take the time to post.
Over the course of 10 days on nothing but veggie/fruit juice and raw veggies and fruit, I lost 6.8 lbs and an overall 2.5 inches! And just in case you're curious, Luke lost 13 lbs!
I began this from a healthy diet and already working out and continued working out nearly daily through the fast. I'm sure had I started from a junk diet and not working out, I'd have lost even more. I fully expect to put back on (if I haven't already) 2-3 lbs, but they will come back off now that we're back on a healthy diet and still exercising. And if you remember, we did not do this to lose weight. Though a perk, the reason we did this was to detox or reboot our bodies. We enjoyed the fast and plan to do it again from time to time, esp. after traveling, holidays, etc.
Almost all of our recipes came from Reboot with Joe and Juice Master USA. If you're interested in doing this or learning more about it, please check out those sites and watch the documentaries Hungry for Change and Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead. Both of these are on Netflix. They will answer all of your questions. And remember, you don't have to do 10 days. You can do three, five, seven or however many days you want.
We're so glad we did this and will continue juicing at least a few times a week. Believe it or not, after only two days, I already miss it!! After day three, I felt so good! I'm prone to headaches and haven't had ANY since day three of the fast! Amazing for someone who has at least a minor headache almost daily. My energy was, and still is, up. I just feel overall so much better!
I encourage you to investigate this if you haven't already. And I'm happy to answer any questions you have!

No comments:
Post a Comment