Day 6. We're at the end of day 6. This is still amazingly easier than I thought it would be; however, today, maybe because it's Saturday and our days aren't 'normal,' we've both been thinking about food a lot more. Not because we're hungry. We just want to taste something different!
So that bring us to Thursday. First day off the juice fast. Valentine's Day. We're going to eat! We don't want to totally shock our bodies or beat up our stomachs, so we'll likely juice either for breakfast or lunch and have a light meal for the other. Then there's dinner. What to do for dinner?
An elder at church, friend and our kids' pediatrician (all the same man) is going on a medical mission trip in March. We could go to Qdoba (think Moes, Chipotle style if you're not familiar with Qdoba) and eat there where a portion of proceeds go to his mission trip. Or we could do that any other Thursday in February. We could do to dinner somewhere else, but it is Valentine's Day, so it could be nuts. Or I could cook which I don't mind doing. But what to cook?
Hmmmm... I'm sure I'm over thinking this, but you try not eating for 6 days and see if you don't start planning your first meal. ;-)
So, seriously, what would you eat for your first meal if you'd had nothing but juice with a few raw veggies and fruits here and there for 10 days??

I'd have sushi, both because it is Valentine's Day and we tend to celebrate with sushi and also because it is semi-raw (sashimi if you want a totally raw experience).
ReplyDeletePepsi Roast
ReplyDelete:)
Soup! Your tummy will be very sensitive. If you do go to Qdoba (one of our favorites!) then just rice and chicken...avoid heavy, saucy, spicy things. Good for you!!
ReplyDelete