Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Atlanta Fun

Despite Luke being away from Micah and I in Atlanta due to his grandfather's death, Micah and I we able to enjoy ourselves quite a bit, mostly due to Aunt Shoobee & Uncle Doug living just a few minutes away.

Last Tuesday Micah and I spent the day at my sister Kimberly's (aka Aunt Shoobee) apartment helping her unpack some of her wedding gifts, clean, organize and grocery shop. We also ate dinner at the Marietta Diner, a place I've been wanting to try for a while after seeing it feature in magazines and on Diners, Drive-ins & Dives on the Food Network. It was really yummy, and I'm so glad Micah and I were able to go with Kimberly & Doug.

Wednesday we joined Kimberly at IKEA to shop for some things for her new place. After that and having lunch at our hotel, we headed over to Centennial Olympic Park which was just about four blocks from our hotel. Micah had a blast there, and so did we. It was GORGEOUS day - perfect for being outside!

On a really fun slide of rollers that Micah loved this year (hated it last year!) Photobucket


Always loving some drums
Photobucket



Aunt Shoobee having fun
Photobucket



Me and The Buddy

Photobucket


Photobucket



We had dinner with them that evening and then enjoyed our hotel's pool. Micah LOVED swimming.

Luke arrived back from Omaha late that night. Was so good to have him back! He said that his grandfather's funeral service was really nice and well done, and I'm so thankful that Luke was able to be there!

Thursday while Luke was in his last day of the conference, Micah and I enjoyed more swimming and then dinner with a friend that evening.

Friday Luke took Micah swimming in the morning while I packed us up, we check out of the hotel and then came home. We were exhausted and did nothing all evening! And most of Saturday.

It was nice (for the most part) to be away. I'm thankful Micah and I had K&D to be with the two days Luke was away, and overall, we had a really nice time in Atlanta.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like so much fun. I love that show - well almost all Food Network shows! Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete