Friday, July 29, 2011

Well, Hello Baby Girl!

There have been quite a few amazing things come about since learning about Levi. God has shown Himself to me in many ways, big and small, and this is just one of them.

In this post made not quite two months ago, I shared that we'd been presented to a birth mother whose baby girl was due in July. The situation seemed perfect. We desired this baby girl and hoped and prayed she'd be ours.

Her birth mother lives in the city where I currently am.

Yesterday while with Levi, I overheard the nurses talking about a baby girl that was going to be coming into the NICU.. and she was being adopted. Some of the other things said really sparked my curiosity and convinced me that this baby girl joining the step down NICU was the same baby girl that two months ago we prayed would be ours.

Today when I arrived to visit Levi, the parents of this baby girl were there spending time with her. They were a few beds down making it impossible to chat, but I kept looking over at them watching for them to leave. I just had to ask them if this girl was who I thought she was.

They got up to leave shortly after I arrived, and as they walked by I simply said, "Excuse me, but I have a really strange question to ask you, if you don't mind." They didn't and I simply asked a few questions that only they could know (the atty's name - not Emily - and some other specifics).

Their eyes became wide and interested. They confirmed what I thought I knew. I told them who I was and that our name had been 'in the pot' for their baby girl. We spoke for a few minutes, exchanged our names and shared our babies' names. They had to leave to make an appoitment, but we both said we knew we'd be seeing each other. We plan to chat soon and possibly exchange information.

God never ceases to amaze me! He has brought so many incredible people into my life during this adoption process and done so in the craziest, most unexpected ways!

All of these things that have been happening recently (which I'll share more of soon), especially the people I meet and the connections we share just further show how He is in total control. How His hand is in all. And how He has a perfect plan for His adopted children.

5 comments:

  1. That's amazing! I love seeing God at work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being adopted myself, your story and journey have such a special place in my heart. I eagerly await new posts and pictures and love watching God's plan unfold! I know I speak for all of us back here at home when I say we can't wait to have you guys back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a heartwarming story. God is just so Amazing....

    ReplyDelete
  4. How crazy and cool is that?! Just a "coincidence" I'm sure...;)

    ReplyDelete