Here are the answers to all of the questions I've been asked over the last few days. The big story/detail post is coming soon!
When is his birthday? He was born Monday night July 18th. He weighed 3 lbs and 15 oz and was 17.7 inches.
Is there a reason you haven’t named him yet? Well, he has been named since this was asked, but the shortest answer is that he was such a surprise that we simply hadn’t ever gotten serious about choosing a name! Just took a while to think and talk about it before we were able to decide.
Where are you? While our FB friends and closest friends and family know where we are, I feel more comfortable not sharing that on the blog. I will say that we are not in the state we live in.
Will you celebrate his birthday or his adoption day? We will celebrate Levi’s birthday. We are not yet sure when his adoption day will be, and I’m sure on the actual day we will celebrate, but I doubt we’ll celebrate annually. Though I suppose it’s too early to know for sure what we will decide.
He doesn’t look that tiny. Is he still under 4 lbs? On Saturday night July 23rd, Levi broke the 4 lb mark weighing in at 4.03 lbs (NOT 4 lbs 3 oz). He is still very small.
When do you get to bring him home? The best and most common estimate at this point is that Levi will be in the NICU another 2-3 weeks. But there is really no way to know right now.
Are you and Luke going to be able to stay with him until he can come home? Luke actually just left yesterday (Sunday the 24th) to go back home. He will stay there and work but may come back and forth depending on how long we are here. Micah is with me.
Where does Micah stay while you’re at the hospital? We’re blessed to have friends and connections with friends and churches in the city where we are. To this point, he has been able to be with friends of ours when we’ve/I’ve been away. Despite being away from home and our friends there and families, we’ve had amazing support here.
What does Micah think? Right now, with Levi in the hospital and Micah unable to visit him, he doesn’t really understand and is a bit confused. But he does know he has a baby brother named Levi, and we pray for him every day.
What do you need? Any blankets, clothes or do you have pretty much what you need from when Micah was little? We do have most everything from when Micah was a baby. We don’t really need blankets or 0-3 month clothes. We will need clothes for the Fall/Winter but will cross that bridge later. We’ll need diapers, wipes and a few general baby kind of necessity type things. We have already been given some preemie and newborn clothing, so I think we’ll be ok there. Right now, the biggest need is prayer, encouragement and support as Luke is away and I’m balancing Micah and Levi’s needs as well as prayer for Levi’s continued progress so that we can be home as soon as possible.

What an exciting time for you, and stressful too, I am sure!
ReplyDeleteAs an adopted child, I will just share the way my family handled things. We celebrated my birthday, of course; I'm surprised you've been asked that question as I've never met an adopted person who doesn't celebrate his or her birthday. But on my 'coming home day', which is about 10 weeks after my birthday, we always had a small family celebration. We called it my second birthday, and I got very small presents and we had a special family dinner. I loved it; my understanding of the day grew as I got older, and now at 45 I still cherish my special card from my mom on that day. And some years I give them presents out of gratitude.
Adoption is such a beautiful thing.
Rebecca,
ReplyDeleteThank you for answering all of my questions. Glad to hear things are going well.
I'm continuing to pray for him as I was on that Monday night :) If you need anything please let me know!
ReplyDelete