Ugh... nothing can be easy, but I guess that's the game with cancer. I went for my CBC this morning. First thing that didn't go right was my temp. It was 100.3 which is high for someone with virtually no immune system.. can be very dangerous. The second problem is that after 6 attempts, the blood pressure machine wouldn't take my blood pressure. The nurse pulled out all the old manual stuff and got it... 86/42!! She wasn't sure she did it right, so she did it again. After a second reading of the same, she called in another nurse, who also took it twice with the same results. So, then we go to draw blood.. and they drew lots of extra for the CBC as well and a culture and something else. All my counts were extremely low. Two weeks ago, my neutrophils were .5 (should be between 2.2 and 4.8) and this week, they were .3. My hemoglobin was 1.. should between 4.8 & 10.8. Anyway, I ended up having to stay for 2 hours after being there an hour to be pumped full of antibiotics and fluid. Fortunately, my temp went down to 98.8 and my blood pressure up to 98/50, so they let me go home.. but not without 10 days of antibiotics, a mask and lots of intructions.. and once again, like two weeks ago, I'm stuck in my house for at least a few days. However, not really a problem when you're too weak to go anywhere.
And I'm getting weaker by the minute. I'm so thankful and fortunate not to be really sick, but this business of being so tired and weak is no fun either. Each day I'm weaker and able to do less. It's really frustrating and just flat out hard to be in this state trying to take care of a baby. And it's only going to get worse. :-( My mom will be coming back either tomorrow or over the weekend and is going to stay for nearly two weeks, and while she's here we're going to work out a game plan for the next few weeks and get caretakers lined up. At this rate, I'm going to need someone here every day for at least part of the day.
Please keep the thoughts and prayers coming!

I am soooo sorry sweetheart. Jordan and I or at least I will be there in the beginning of October to help. I hate that you are going through this:( Be on the watch for some fun snail mail that I am dropping off today:) Talk with you soon!
ReplyDeleteOh Rebecca! I am so sorry that you are having a difficult time! If there is anything that I can do let me know. You will be in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteHang in there girl! I go back to work probably right as your mom leaves.. but am home by 3:45... so if you need I can come get Micah and give you a break.. or you can schedule some afternoon appointments. WHatever you need!
ReplyDelete