Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Micah is 5 Months Old!

Well.. he was 2 days ago. He's doing extremely well, and I'm so thankful to have such a relatively easy going baby! According to our measurements, he's approx. 18.5 lbs and about 27-28 inches long! We're raising a giant! Though I had originally planned to skip cereal altogether and only breastfeed and move straight to solids, we did start rice cereal a few weeks ago. He loves it and is doing quite well on it. I'll probably start pureeing (that looks weird) avacado and some veggies pretty soon. As far as developmentally, he's rolling from tummy to back very easily but has only rolled from back to tummy a few times. He's sitting unassisted for about 30 seconds to a minute at a time. He doesn't like to be on his back much anymore, so I hope this sitting thing improves quickly. He's also most definitely found his hands and uses them a lot. He reaches for everything! And of course, it all goes into his mouth.

Photobucket

This past weekend my Uncle David, Aunt Dana and cousins Davis & Dale stopped by on their way to Atlanta for their family vacation. We had a really great time visiting with them! On Sunday, we crashed their hotel swimming pool, and fortunately, Micah's second 'swimming' experience was much better than his first! He seemed to really enjoy the water and was in for about 2 hours!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Rebecca, Micah is so handsome! By the way you look beautiful with or with out the hair or wig. Ryan and I have been praying for you since we got the news and hope everything is going well. I just found your blog today off your facebook and will read everybit of it today so I can catch up on everything with you and your family. Keep in touch!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete