A few of you have asked for updates on Luke, Micah and me, so I thought I'd do a brief update.
Luke is keeping extremely busy at work, usually working 10-12 hour days. When he's not working, he's busy with projects around the house, including setting up Levi's room. He's missing us of course, but overall, besides being tired, he's doing well.
Micah is adusting but doing well. He's a bit confused. He really misses Luke and doesn't understand why he can't go to the hospital to see Levi. There isn't even a window to see into the NICU, so all Micah has seen of Levi is the same pics (plus some) that you've seen. I spend quite a bit of quality time with him every day, but we're away from home, Mommy keeps leaving to see Levi, and he can't see Daddy, so he also knows something is different, and he just doesn't 'get it.' But he does fairly well for being a confused three year old. :-) He has made a new little friend in Elaine's daughter, Little Bug. They play quite well together though he can tend to be a little (aka a LOT) loud and rough with her.
I'm busy bouncing back and forth daily between spending time with Levi and caring for and playing with Micah. Even though I don't have Luke here to help, I have amazing help from Elaine and her parents (we're staying with her parents). They keep him daily so I can see Levi, and I couldn't be more grateful. Some days I'm emotionally and mentally exhausted, but since Levi is at the hospital, I'm not yet physically exhausted since I'm able to sleep all night. I'm beyond thankful to have Elaine and her family here and much support and encouragement from people I don't never know here. It's nice to spend time face to face time with Elaine, too. Leaving will actually be a bit bittersweet.
We appreciate all of your prayers, encouragement and support. Just reading your comments here, on FB and your e-mails just brightens my day more than you know!

Thanks for the update, especially on Micah...I think of him often and how confusing this must be on all the levels you touched upon.
ReplyDeleteContinued good wishes that Levi is at out and that you are all home together soon.