As I do everyday, today I sat in the NICU holding my son. Today I spent much of my time thinking about the last few months.
Today Elaine officially became Sweet Pea's mommy. For those who may not remember or are new to the blog, this little girl known in the blog world as Sweet Pea was first introduced to Elaine and I both on March 8. We both wanted her. We both prayed for her. And we didn't know each other.. yet. Our friendship came about because of our mutual friend who gave us both the infomation about Sweet Pea. It was a long road to Sweet Pea.. one that took a few detours and a lot of waiting. Ultimately, Sweet Pea was not our daughter. She was Elaine's.
Last night I was able to rejoice and pray with Elaine and her family as we learned that the TRP was set to be signed at 8:00 this morning. Then we all comforted each other and prayed again this morning as we learned of the delay.
But best of all, at 12:31 today, I was able to see the expression on Elaine's face when she read the text from our attorney Emily that simply said, "She signed!" Oh, how I wish I'd had a camera ready. That moment was amazing! Unforgettable. We all cried and laughed and hugged and prayed. God is so good and so faithful!
This little girl we both wanted and prayed for found her Mommy & Daddy. And I seriously could not be more excited that those special people chosen by God to parent Sweet Pea are Dave & Elaine.
Then while still holding Levi, I thought of the next baby girl I prayed would be mine. The one I learned of on May 19. That journey wasn't as long. We'd know the answer from the birth mom on May 27. Luke and I really felt like she could be our daughter. She was not. And I was at peace knowing she wasn't ours.
She was born on July 26 at the same hospital as Levi. Levi and this baby girl are in the same NICU and have been for a week today. I see her family everyday and know they are amazing and will be fantastic parents to this amazing little girl.
Neither of these baby girls were mine. And when I got the news in both situations, I was ok. A bit said both times but fully confident that God had a plan for me. A baby for me.
He did.
And not only did He have a precious baby boy picked out for Luke and I, but He allowed me to have relationships with BOTH sets of parents of the other babies I'd hoped would be mine!! How awesome is that?! How AWESOME is HE?
He gave all three couples who could not conceive babies we'd never know and hold had we been able to. He gave us all a miracle.
And I hold my miracle everyday. I sing to him. I talk to him. I rock him. And I cuddle him.
I tell him how much he is loved and wanted. I tell him about Micah (my other miracle). I tell him about his family. I tell him about God.
I can't wait to bring him home. I can't wait to be able to share with him his special story of how God brought us together.
He truly is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine. I marvel and stand in awe of our Almighty God.

Beautifully said! I know, I wish I'd had a camera too! What a light bulb moment!!!!!!! So glad you've been a part of this journey. You are truly blessed! Can't wait to meet your little miracle!
ReplyDelete